The Winnetka Public Schools District 36 in cooperation with AppsEvents is proud to be hosting the 2016 Chicago Google for Education Summit on April 2-3, 2016 (Saturday and Sunday) with the Google EDU certification preparation boot camp being offered as a whole day pre-summit course on Friday.
The summit is a fantastic learning event to support classroom teachers, school leaders and school IT staff on leveraging Google Apps for Education tools to enhance and support 21st century learning.
Check out some of the exciting things you can look forward to during the 2-day summit.
Customize your summit experience
according to your experience or job role!
All AppsEvents summits have some specific learning pathways that goes beyond Google Apps for attendees who want to take deeper dives into specific subjects or job roles. Remember though that all sessions are ‘open access’ so attendees can choose individual sessions depending on their areas of interest and many choose last minute depending on the conversations they have on the day.
Do you feel that you need more time to explore specific tools? Start your day on the right foot with our focused beginner sessions where you can learn the basics of the core Google tools. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Beginner file management and communication in Google Drive
- Getting started with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Google Chrome tips and tricks to make your class rock and life easier
- Utilizing Google Classroom for meaningful learning
- Keeping IT Simple: Using Google Mail, Calendar, and Drive
Intermediate / Advanced
Ready to level up or go beyond Google Apps? Check out some of the suggested sessions below:
- Google Forms + Autocrat = Data Sharing with Ease!
- Increasing productivity with Google Apps, extensions, and websites
- Khan Academy coaching resources
- Developing your PLN via Twitter
- How Google 20% time encourages makers and inspires moonshot thinking
For a more comprehensive list of the various sessions, please visit https://chicago2016.sched.org/.
Do a “Demo Slam” and win cool prizes!
At the end of Summit day 1 / day 2, we will have a Demo Slam session where attendees are encouraged to showcase a tip or trick that others will be able to use in 2 minutes or less. Slams can be pre-planned and expected to have been rehearsed/prepared. Learn more or submit your slam ideas here!
If you have not registered yet for the summit, please secure your seat at http://chicago.appsevents.com/. Early bird promo pricing available until March 2, 2016.