To kick off 2018 I thought it would be fun to share 10 quick quick predictions (with input from other AppsEvents team members Allison Mollica, Ben Rouse, Dean Stokes, Sarah Woods and John Mikton) on the trends and announcements we think could be coming in the ‘Google for Education’ world through 2018. We’d love to hear what you think too so please comment below with your thoughts. So here we go….
- Google Education Certifications to be revamped again and more certifications to come such as for students and more general ‘G Suite user’ certifications
- Classroom to become more of a full LMS/VLE, with many more third party developers releasing Classroom add-ons that start to make it a fully featured LMS
- Jamboard gets integrated with Google Classroom
- Google use continues to grow in ‘International Schools’ but at a steady rate
- Chromebook EDU sales hit huge growth in the UK and Scandinavia and also Chromebooks finally start to take off in Enterprise (businesses) – Used by remote workers such as field sales teams initially
- Moving towards a new unified operating system to replace Android and Chrome
- Google Sites gets a further refresh, including page level permissions.
- VR continues to grow with Cardboard and Expeditions, but we think 2018 will be the breakout year for AR (Augmented Reality) in education with the release of Expeditions AR
- We think Google and third party vendors will release more practical, AR ‘glasses’ for everyday use
- GDPR (General data Protection Regulation) will have a huge impact on schools in Europe and the way they work with Apps and third party entities.
Please leave your comments below and let’s check in at the end of 2018 to see how we did!