Why Use Tables in the Classroom?
If you aren’t using tables in your Google Docs, you’re about to have a whole new world open to you. Check out some of the fun reasons to add them:
- Organize information. Tables can be used to organize information in a way that is easy for students to understand. For instance, a teacher might use a table to list the different parts of a plant or to show the different types of animals that live in a certain habitat.
- Create charts and graphs. Tables can be used to create charts and graphs that can help students visualize data. Teachers can use a table to show the results of a class survey or to track the progress of a student’s grades over the course of a semester.
- Break up text. Tables can be used to break up text and make it easier for students to read. For example, a teacher might use a table to present a list of rules or to explain the steps in a process. Teachers can also use tables to create specific spaces for student responses to questions to make grading easier.
- Add images and videos. Tables can be used to add images and videos that can help students learn more about a topic. Use the cells in the table to show a map of a country or add a smart chip with a YouTube link to play a video about a historical event with side-by-side summaries and/or questions in the next cell.
- Create a more visual learning experience. This can be helpful for students who learn better by seeing things visually.
To insert a table in a Google Doc, follow these steps:
- Move your cursor to the spot in your Google Doc where you want to add the table.
- Click on the “Insert” tab.
- Select “Table.”
- Choose the number of rows and columns you want.
- Click on “Insert table.”
The table will be added to your document. You can then start adding text and data to the cells.
Here are a couple of troubleshooting tips:
- If your table is not showing up correctly, make sure you have the latest version of Google Docs. Tables may not display correctly in older versions.
- If you are having trouble editing a table, make sure you are using the correct tools. You can’t edit a table with the regular text cursor. You need to use the table cursor, which is a small, white arrow that appears when you hover over a table cell.
But if you’re a student struggling with academic writing, consider purchasing essays cheap and online to save time and improve your skills. With the right tools and strategies, you can enhance your productivity and achieve your goals.
Extra! Add Color!
Finally, consider adding colors to cells to tables. Why?
- To make the table more visually appealing. Adding color can help to make the table more visually appealing, especially if you are using it to present data or information.
- To highlight important information. Adding color can help to highlight important information in the table, such as headings, totals, or averages.
- To make the table easier to read. Adding color can help to make the table easier to read, especially if it contains a lot of text.
- To make the table more memorable. Adding color can help to make the table more memorable, especially if you are using it to teach students about a topic.
It is rare for us to create a Google Doc that doesn’t utilize a table. How do you use them? Share with us!