Two days of Workshops
Google for Education Summits run by AppsEvents are fun, high energy, two-day events where teachers and trainers who are Google for Education experts run sessions for educators on the best use of Google tools across schools. Our attendees are a cross-section of teachers, IT staff, support staff, and school leadership.
The sessions cover a full range of subject areas; that provide the latest updates and application of tools that benefit classroom teachers, IT staff, school administrators and clerical assistants. We have a full range of sessions for beginners, intermediate and advanced users, and everything we cover is laser-focused on the application of the tools in the classroom, based on leading best practice.
Our global team collaborates on all events and we attract speakers from all corners of the globe! Whether you are looking to gain your Google Educator certification, learn about a Google Workspace tool you have never used, or implement transformation technology for learning across your organization, we have it covered.
In addition, we go broader than just Google, with ‘hands on sessions’ on covering extended apps, pedagogies and innovative topics. We have seminars for school leadership on navigating the difficult decisions they face, and we run sessions on digital citizenship, social media and the wider impact of technology in education. In addition, we look into the increasing use of VR and AR in education.
Our sessions are informal, fun and above all community driven. It truly is ‘educators helping other educators’. We believe that making new connections and friendships is a huge part of our summits and many of our attendees travel from different countries and combine the summit with the chance to see a new city. We always have a fun meetup at a local venue directly after the first full day of the summit, which is a great opportunity to meet the speakers and build lasting professional connections with people from other schools and countries.
At the Korea Google Summit, we will be running four pre-summit courses on Friday, 18th November 2022.
Data Literacy for Schools 1 Day Bootcamp
A condensed version of our popular online course on Google Data Studio as one of the pre-summit courses. In this course you will improve your learning and gain valuable insights for effectively sharing data as information. You will be equipped with the skills to help your school to become not just “data rich” but “information rich.”
Google Certified Educator Level 1 Bootcamp
Want to learn new skills and prove your proficiency? The Google Certified Educator Level 1 Bootcamp prepares you to take Google’s exam by providing pedagogically sound ideas for the use of Google Workspace in the classroom. You’ll leave with new ideas for using tools across the suite including Google Classroom, Forms, Docs, Sheets, YouTube and more! We’ll provide a voucher code so that you can take the exam for free!
Google Certified Educator Level 2 Bootcamp
Achieved Google Certified Educator Level 1 and want to take things up a notch? Attend the AppsEvents Google Certified Educator Level 2 Bootcamp to learn how to take your Google Workspace usage beyond the core apps. You’ll get experience with add-ons and extensions as well as expanding your knowledge of YouTube, Blogger and more. We’ll provide a voucher code so that you can take the exam for free!
Google Admin 1 Day Bootcamp
If you’re in charge of making sure Google Workspace is functioning correctly in your school you should attend the AppsEvents Admin Bootcamp. You’ll learn from an expert about everything you need to ensure a successful Google Workspace and Chromebook deployment including top tips for making sure everything is secure as well as third party tools which will make your life easier for batch jobs, reporting, web filtering and more.
The Future of Education
Two-hour workshop on The Future of Education including a short presentation on Agora, discussions in groups on relevant topics, formulating questions, getting answers and formulating what they want and can change starting tomorrow.
The Summit will be hosted at the International School of Busan, I 50 Gijang-daero, Gijang-eup, Gijang-gun, Busan South Korea.
Busan is the second largest city in South Korea. Busan blends the best of the old and new aspects of Korean culture together to make an amazing city to come and visit. Busan boasts an amazing architectural and infrastructural background that makes visiting a breeze; from a modern airport connecting to many cities around the world, to an incredible metro system to take you where you want to go. Busan has a natural beauty that is also unmatched in Korea as pristine golden-sand beaches back right up to forested mountains. There is an endless amount of outdoor activities to enjoy. Busan is one of the safest cities in the world where you can enjoy the vibrant culinary and nightlife scenes without any worries at all. With the pandemic coming to an end in Korea and life largely returned to normal, Busan is once again ready to step into the spotlight as one of Asia’s premiere destinations as it hosts the 2030 World Expo.
The International School of Busan is the premiere international school in the southern end of Korea. With a student population of just under 400, this is a diverse, caring and welcoming school community that delivers all three of the IB programmes. With a renewed focus on infrastructure and development, the campus is set for hosting a world-class event with a large capacity gym, redeveloped learning spaces, outdoor areas to rest and recharge and an amazing array of amenities within a short distance from campus.
By car from Goeje
- Take the Geoga-daero road
- Exit at the Garak Tollgate
- Turn right towards BEXCO
- Travel 800m on the Dongseo Overpass
- Drive through the Hwangnyeong Tunnel and continue on Hwangnyeong-daero
- Continue on Hwangnyeong-daero
- Drive across the Gwangan Bridge
- Turn right to Haeundae New Town
- Proceed along Jangsan-ro
- Drive through the Jwa-dong Underpass and continue for approximately 4km along Haeundae-ro
- Turn right to BIFS and drive a further 63m
By car from Ulsan
- Take the Busan Ulsan Expressway
- Exit at the Haeundae Songjeong Tollgate
- Drive approximately 1.6km along Gijang-daero
- Turn left to BIFS opposite Naeri Primary School and drive along the road by the river until reaching BIFS
By car from Haeundae
- Drive through Seongjeong Tunnel and then a further 3.5km along Haeundae-ro
- Turn right to BIFS and drive a further 63m
By bus from Haeundae
- You can take the following buses to BIFS: #39, #40, #63, #139, #182
By subway in Busan
- Travel to Jangsan Station (end of Line 2)
- Leave the subway station through Exit 1
- Bus #139: Double-back from Exit 1, turn left around the corner – the bus stop is approximatley 20m up the road (Sesil-ro)
- Bus #182: Double-back from Exit 1, the bus stop is approximately 15m behind the exit on the same road (Haeundaero) – please note Bus 182 only runs once per hour
Hotel list for Google Summit
17 Nov22 (in) – 20 Nov 2022 (Out)
- Sunset Hotel – 9F, 46, Gunam-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan, 48094, KOREA, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea, 612-010
- Hotel The Mark Haeundae – 29, Haeundaehaebyeon-ro 298beon-gil, Haeundae-gu, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea, 612-010
- Hotel Laon – 39, Songjeonggwangeogol-ro, Haeundae-gu, Songjung-ri, Busan, South Korea, 48073
- Songjung Hotel – 297-9, Songjung-dong, Haeundae-gu, Songjung-ri, Busan, South Korea, 48072
Presenting at an AppsEvents Summit is a great way to collaborate with the Google community and build your PLN. Successful applicants will receive discounted or complimentary access to the event. Submit your session proposal here.