A Google Certified Educator Level 2 Bootcamp was recently held last October 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, & 21, 2021, by AppsEvents, a global Google for Education Partner, in partnership with Acer for Education. A total of 23 educators attended a series of virtual training sessions led by highly acclaimed Google Certified Trainers.
The goal of the Bootcamp is to provide essential training for administrators, educators, specialists, and assistants/paraprofessionals to leverage G Suite for Education in their schools and communities. Participants learned how to use these cloud-based tools for and/or innovative ways to engage learners to be successful in achieving competency in all areas of the curriculum.
About the Google Educator Certification
The Google Educator Certifications showcase your knowledge and application of innovative tools and techniques to engage learners and promote a 21st-century collaborative learning environment. Educators that use Google for Education have a strong collaborative network where knowledge is shared, problems are solved and successes are celebrated together.
Becoming a Google Certified Educator gives you recognition for your hard work and expertise. The training and exams are performance-based that focus on real-world classroom applications.
This is great preparation for further certification opportunities. Google Certified Innovators lead change in their communities and Google Certified Trainers lead training and professional development worldwide. Each certification has its own set of requirements and benefits. This course will cover each of these so participants can purposefully select the best path and objectives to meet their needs.
The AppsEvents Online Google Educator Level 2 Bootcamp helps prepare you to complete the certification process. The training is fun, engaging and educational and the first and most important thing to stress is not to be scared of the tests. We will help you prepare for success!
What is the format of this certification training?
The bootcamp is delivered through Google Classroom and Google Meet. There is a total of 6 sessions of 90 minutes each. Training days are on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. There is also an online support forum that you can jump into at any time to get help.
In terms of the time needed to successfully achieve the certification will vary from individual to individual. Our goal is that you be prepared to begin your exams by the end of the course and pass them. It is important, however, that you prepare adequately and make sure that you know how to navigate G Suite at a basic level as the bootcamp is not a ‘beginners workshop.’
If you are a novice, it will help to review the G Suite checklists for new users where you will find introductory tutorials to any apps you are not familiar with.
Reasons to take the ‘Certification Training’ with AppsEvents
- Higher chance of completing the program: Of course you can work through the online training independently, but the dropout rate is high. With our hands-on, collaborative course, we provide almost all the educators who start our process complete it.
- Experience: We have run a successful training session at many schools and colleges worldwide, including Valdosta City Schools Georgia, San Bernardino Schools California, Greenwich Country Day School, Oak Hill College London, International School of Prague, Pechersk School Kiev, American School of Bangkok, Riverside School, British School of El Salvador, International School of Dakar, just to name a few.
- Networking: our sessions are great ways to make new contacts with edtech experts
- We also guide the users through additional certifications and how to achieve them.
What is the Agenda for Level 2?
- Google Educator Certification Program ~ About, Resources & Requirements
- Fundamental Activities include mastering essential skills using:
- Getting creative with Google Sites
- Calendar for Organization and Online Meetings
- Sheets Basics for Managing Data (Sort, Formatting Graphs)
- Gmail Essentials
- Forms for Facilitating Learning with Quizzes
- Search Skills
- Slides Basics for Facilitating Learning & Collaboration
- Curating & Sharing video resources with YouTube Playlists
- Documents Basics for Learning & Collaboration
- Preparing for the Exam
- Reflection Activities & Action Plan
Who is the course suitable for?
- Educators in both the K-12 school and Higher Education
- School/college administrators
- IT Managers, coordinators, and facilitators
Where can I find more information?
- Information from Google about the certification program: https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com
- Email us at any time with any questions at email@example.com
Tasks to complete before the course
- Have a quick look at the https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com/training training info
AppsEvents is a Google Apps for Education partner and the organizer of Google in Education Summits worldwide in partnership with Google in Education. Our staff has many years of G Suite experience and are all Google Certified Education Trainers. You can find more information at www.appsevents.com