In light of many schools thinking about remote learning, join our upcoming live online Bootcamp or Summit featuring Google for Education to see how you could teach online with Google for Education tools and connect with your students online.
LIVE ONLINE SUMMER SUMMIT
Acer and AppsEvents present the live online ‘Summer Summit’ – sharing how teachers and schools have adapted to online lessons with a strong focus on Google for Education.
The event will run twice with two start times per summit day to suit all time zones.
June Summer Summit 1
- From Surviving to Thriving – EdTech post covid-19 with Craig Kemp
- Start the new year organised and ready for learning with Drive, Classroom and Mail! with Sethi De Clercq
- Cultivating Creativity & Engaging Learners with Sketchnoting with Georgina Dean
- Reading Difficulty Power Tools – A virtual teaching assistant! with James Abela
- Storytelling with the Google Earth Projects Tool with Nathan Gildart
June Summer Summit 2
- Bringing Innovative Technologies to the School of Tomorrow with Roberto Rosaschino, Acer
- Design Thinking with Cris Turple
- Edtech Certifications with Lawrence Tijjani
- Creating Instructional Video with Guto Aaron
LIVE ONLINE GOOGLE EDUCATOR CERTIFICATION
Google Educator Level 1 Bootcamp
Whether you are new to Google Classroom, or transitioning to online classes, our online Google Educator Level 1 Bootcamp will give you the tools to easily manage your classes online. Learn more.
Google Educator Level 2 Bootcamp
The AppsEvents Google Certified Educator Level 2 Bootcamp focuses on expanding beyond core competencies using G Suite as a means to engage and redefine learning activities. Learn more.
TEACHING ONLINE SUMMIT
Acer and AppsEvents present the ‘Teaching Online Summit’ – sharing how teachers and schools have adapted to online lessons with a strong focus on Google for Education.
We offered two Teaching Online Summits recorded on April 14th 2020. Please feel free to watch both summits and meet more trainers.
Teaching Online Summit 1
- Schools closures in Asia – Tim Evans (SAIS Hong Kong) talks with Dan and James
- Using video to enhance learning – Screen recording with Loom and YouTube – Sethi De Clercq
- Google Slides to Google Classroom to SeeSaw – Tim Evans
- Google Jamboard – Rachel Coathup
- Managing meetings and agendas with Google Sheets – Tim Bray
- Google Sites for your class – Rob McElroy
Teaching Online Summit 2
- Ben, Kim, Bogdan and Jon discuss teaching online strategies
- Google Jamboard – Kim House
- Peardeck – Kim House
- Spice up your Google Forms – Bogdan Copil
- Google Classroom for Remote Learning and more – Jon Neale
OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE
We’ve put together a couple of video tutorials on how you can setup right away Google Classroom, Google Meet, Google Chrome and so much more for distance learning as well as podcast interviews with educators and school leaders from various international schools in Asia, Middle East, and Europe to see the situation in their countries and how their schools are handling this new world of distance learning.
How to Store and Share Video Lessons with Drive and YouTube
Creating Video lessons is more important today than ever before! Get your lessons online, Record yourself or your slide-deck and create engaging online content. Students love this format and delivering it this way is much easier and faster than you might think!
But where do we host our files and what about sharing them? Which platform is safe and what about the settings for sharing? In this video, we go over both Drive and YouTube as ideal video platforms to share your lessons.
Google for Remote/Online Learning
Using Google for Remote/Online Learning? These videos will get you setup with Google Meet, Google Classroom, Google Chrome and much more.
Watch more Google for Remote/Online Learning videos on our YouTube channel.
Applied Digital Skills Q&A Live
Check out the recording from our recent Live Q&A with Lawrence Tijjani and Ben Rouse on Applied Digital Skills and using this curriculum for distance learning or as part of your curriculum. Google created this free online curriculum to support all learners looking to develop digital skills, including if-then adventures in Google Slides, CV creation, coding, and research projects.
School closures episode. Live from Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan and Bahrain
We are in the middle of Coronavirus hysteria right now and many schools are closed, with staff continuing to work from home. On this round table discussion we talk with some International School Educators working and teaching online.
School closures episode 2. Live from Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan and Bahrain
Since we recorded our last episode two weeks ago schools around the world have closed and countries have a wide variety of restrictions on movement in place. We go back to our guests to check in on the situation in their countries and see how their schools are handling this new world of distance learning.
School closures Europe episode Live from Switzerland, Luxembourg and the Czech Republic
In this podcast episode, we talk to two International School tech leaders in Europe about how they have handled the recent school closures. We also have a lot of great listener questions from Facebook and Twitter.
Listen to more podcast interviews on all aspects of technology and life in International Schools here.